Thursday, October 3, 2013

Bulletin Board Makeover

I recently found this Ikea metal bulletin board at a garage sale for $3 complete with 6 magnets.
It was a little plain so I decided to dress it up a little so my daughter could use it in her house.
I cleaned it up with a scouring pad,  and used some paper cake tray doilies as masks and spray painted black over-top of the masks.  I removed the masks (very carefully) and, voila, you have a permanent design on the bulletin board.
Easy peazy and it looks great hanging in my daughter's house.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great idea to use the paper doilies when you were spray painting! Pinned to my craft board :)

Shauna
http://thebestblogrecipes.com/

--> all bloggers are also welcome to join us for The Weekend re-Treat Link Party every Fri-Sun where all family friendly blog posts are welcome!

Unknown said...

Valorie this is beautiful! I've done this technique on a lamp shade before and I love it! I'm going to pin this to the Making Monday Link board. thank you for sharing this week