Tuesday, August 17, 2010

*Creative Scrappers Challenge*


There is nothing like experiencing a day at the park through a child’s eyes, the wonder and excitement of all the playground equipment and the dilemma of not knowing which to choose first. I watched as my two year old great-niece Eve ran from one apparatus to another…. I think her favorite thing to do was go down the slide. She spent hours climbing up the stairs and sliding down…. Tired me out just watching her!

This week’s challenge at Creative Scrappers was to create a layout using one of their layout sketches and I chose layout sketch #117 and designed a layout describing “A Day at the Park”.  Hop on over to their blog and take a peek.

I just love Basic Grey (and have a stash accumulating) so I used their “Wassail – Cranberry Sauce” as my background and “Polka – Party Collection” by Necessities as my photo mat. I love to sew on my scrapbook pages. I feel it adds some interest and makes the page unique and it’s a great alternative to adhesive. I dry-brushed the coordinating green on the background paper and used the same paint on my chipboard circles and letters. The letters looked a little stark so I distressed them with my sanding tool. The little charm hanging from the rope around the rolled photo mat says “family”.

I hope you took the time this summer to spend a day at the park with someone you love!



No comments: