Friday, October 22, 2010

We've only got today!

"Carpe Diem! Rejoice while you are alive; enjoy the day; live life to the fullest; make the most of what you have. It is later than you think."

“You can't do anything about the length of your life, but you can do something about its width and depth" This quote has come to have meaning this past week for my son as he lost a good friend in a motorcycle accident. I truly believe that we’ve only got today and today must be lived to its fullest. Since my kids were old enough to understand I have been preaching to them to say and do one nice thing every day. It may be just holding the door open for someone or telling them to have a nice day….. sound sappy? Just ask my kids; they think I am sappy, but at the end of the day I want them to think about what they did that day that made someone smile and I want them to pass this trait down to their children. Don’t drift through life, make the most of every single day because we’ve only got today.

Quite hanging on to the handrails….. let go, surrender, go for the ride of your life….. do it every day!

What if the “hokey-pokey” is really what it’s all about?



2 comments:

Susan said...

I love this Valery, it is so true!!

Ruth said...

Way to go Valery